Your leadership will be essential to the success of numerous media initiatives that help maximize our visibility and enhance our relationship with the public. The Marketing with a focus on Social Media Intern will play an instrumental role in communicating the vision and values of Being Black In. They will implement, coordinate, track and develop social media activities by working with the founder and chief editor of BBI along with external partners including media, marketing, and internal communications. A successful intern will be part of a start-up, process-oriented and outcomes-driven team. Reporting to the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Being Black In, the Social Media Intern will work collaboratively to develop and implement communications strategies that broaden the impact of Being Black In. *This opportunity is unpaid, however, great performance can result in joining the team full time!*
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for assigned social media strategy, reporting, events etc.
- Develops social content and messages about Being Black In including links, videos, graphics and images
- Manages editorial calendar for each social media channel including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Find partnering companies and social media influencers to increase social media reach of Being Black In
- Responsible for analytics and reporting on all social media and marketing strategies and initiatives
- Analyzes and reports on social growth and campaign effectiveness; translates findings into concrete recommendations for optimizing future campaigns and stories
- Stays up to date on social media trends for best practices; Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations
- Tracks, monitors, and response to social media conversations to enhance future blogger and partner experience
- Performs special projects and duties as assigned
- Proficiency with using Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, as well as comprehensive understanding of the social media landscape.
- Able to commit 6 – 10 hours a week
- Has an ability to create innovative marketing strategies and increase social media reach
- Excellent writing skills.
- Has the ability to work in an innovative, startup company
- Great communications skills and ability to be a team player
- Proficiency in Adobe programs specifically Photoshop
Application Deadline: November 2nd 11:59 Eastern Time! Click Here to Apply!